E-Commerce Content Editor
ABOUT THIS POSITION
The editor will be responsible for creating product listings, refining product page content to drive E-Commerce success. The daily goal of the job will be to optimize all products sold online through multiple channels - such as Amazon US, UK and eBay - and our Bodilove website. Refining and consistently improving our fashion product listings is the single most important job in maximizing online sales for our company.
This is an entry level position that requires solid language and writing skills in English. The editor must be able to deliver appealing written content to the targeted customers and ensure all written content has flawless grammar and syntax.
Since we have products delivered by Chinese vendors and content in Chinese to be translated, the editor will be assigned to translate product content from Chinese to English. Therefore, the editor needs to have strong translation skill and understand the fashion slang in both Chinese and English.
- Create content for new product listings on a daily basis; the content includes product name, product description, product details, search terms, etc; write in a concise and clear manner, include searchable keywords to optimize the presence of our products on our online channels;
- Edit, polish and proofread our digital content including product listings, online/offline marketing materials, and website content; ensure that all content has impeccable grammar and the language is highly customized to appeal to our targeted consumers
- Provide fashion related keywords for merchandising team to search and purchase new trendy styles and for marketing team to improve SEO and SEM
- Research language use in fashion blogs and other fashion related websites, capture keywords used in various fashion contents, accumulate keywords for product listing creation use;
- Handle translating tasks to translate the Chinese documents of products imported from China;
WHO YOU ARE:
You are an energetic, meticulous, organized, fast learner with a passion for fashion who understands current trends and can write about them.
- Minimum education level required: Bachelor
- Concentrations/fields of study required: Bachelor degree in English, technical writing, copy-writing, journalism, linguistics or higher level in related field;
- Excellent English writing and editing skills, able to write and proofread product content, able to allocate digital content properly on web pages to help consumers navigate through Bodilove website effectively
- Sensitive and able to identify the Internet language use of young fashion lovers, or passionate about digging out keywords that can optimize the SEM/SEO efforts and generate monetary value for our E-Commerce business
- Extreme attention to details, able to do quality check on our product listings, making sure the content is accurate and presented properly
- Bilingual in Chinese and English, strong translation skill to translate content in Chinese and deliver in English with accuracy
- Advanced proficiency in Excel; experience with MySQL, SEM/SEO will be a plus
This is a full time hourly position.
Our office is located in Dublin, CA 94568, within walking distance to West Dublin Bart Station, and accessible to from local bus stop.
For immediate consideration, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a cover letter.